Government use of Creative Commons
Currently this is a scratchpad for referencing known government uses of CC licensing (and government recommendations of CC licensing). Please add to the list and turn compelling uses into Case_Studies.
- http://www.president.am/president/cover/eng/ Official website of the Armenian President. CC License BY-ND 3.0 Unported.
- Australian Bureau of Statistics - Australia's census and statistical data are now licensed under CC BY 2.5 Australia.http://abs.gov.au/websitedbs/D3310114.nsf/Home/Website+Changes+Coming+Soon
- Government Information and Licensing Framework - a Queensland Government strategy on open access and use of information http://www.qsic.qld.gov.au/QSIC/QSIC.nsf/CPByUNID/BFDC06236FADB6814A25727B0013C7EE
- Venturous Australia: the National Innovation review - report recommends government use of CC licences, and is released under CC http://www.innovation.gov.au/innovationreview/Pages/home.aspx
- policy etc materials from the National Library of Australia eg http://www.nla.gov.au/policy/cdp/
- the photo of the day project by Sydney's Powerhouse Museum http://www.powerhousemuseum.com/imageservices/
- downloadable pdfs from the Play program of Sydney's Powerhouse Museum http://play.powerhousemuseum.com/
- 'Dynamic Calculus': NSW Department of Education and Training Teaching Resource licensed under Creative Commons http://www.smartcopying.edu.au/scw/go/pid/921
- Economic Development Committee recommends CC licensing for Victorian Government http://creativecommons.org.au/node/250
- http://www.president.bg/main.php Bulgarian President. CC BY ND 2.5 Bulgaria.
- http://www.prb.bg Chief Prosecutor of the Republic of Bulgaria. CC BY 2.5 Bulgaria
- http://www.mfa.bg Bulgarian Foreign Ministry. CC BY ND 2.5 Bulgaria.
- http://www.siac.net.co/Home.php?opc=2 Official website of the Colombian Biodiversity Information System depending from the Ministry of Environment.
- President Felipe Calderon Website, BY NC ND 2.5 Mexico. http://www.presidencia.gob.mx
- National Sports Comission http://www.conade.gob.mx
- Federal Government guide for website building recommends the use CC licenses
- All materials (fotos, texts, videos, audios, etc.) of Kremlin.ru (Official Website of President of the Russian Federation), Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Unported (CC-BY 3.0 Unported)
- http://www.whitehouse.gov/copyright White House web site, President Barack Obama, CC BY 3.0 US
- http://change.gov/about/copyright_policy President-Elect Transition Team, Barack Obama and Joseph Biden. CC BY 3.0 Unported.
- http://recoverysf.org/intranet/RecoverySF/ RecoverySF Content by http://recoverysf.org. CC BY 3.0 US.
- New York State Senate, Senate Content, CC-BY-NC-ND with CC+ allowing non-political fundraising use of content.
- State of Virginia, legislation that indicates a preference for state-funded materials to be released with a CC (or equivalent open) license.