Global Summit 2011
Registration for the Summit is open! You can register here.
For three days from 16-18 September 2011, the Creative Commons Global Summit, Powering an Open Future, will bring together the CC community in Warsaw, Poland, to engage strategically on the future of our shared commons, to renew and further build CC’s vital community, to collaborate on mutual projects and initiatives, and to celebrate our successes as we head towards the end of our first decade together.
The Global Summit will bring together members of CC's Affiliate Network worldwide, CC board and staff, key stakeholders and many others interested in the present and future of the commons. It will include regional meetings, plenary sessions, legal-focused sessions, community-focused sessions, workshops, regional planning sessions and special discussion sessions on key issues such as key adoption areas, data, public domain and the new version 4.0 licenses. The meeting will also include a "public day", featuring sessions of most interest to members of the public, including case study showcases, sessions on CC use in areas such as education, government and science, and a CC Salon featuring local and international CC creations.
In addition, CC’s Board of Directors will have a board meeting in Warsaw and will be available to meet with Affiliates.
We look forward to seeing you in Warsaw. Do zobaczenia wkrótce!
- Tentative Schedule (Google doc)
- Tentative Session Descriptions (Google doc)
- In addition to the formal program, the CC Summit 2011 will feature an extensive unconference program, designed and orchestrated by attendees at the event.
- Cultural Events at the Summit
Related Offsite Events
The CC Summit will take place at the historic Primates Palace in Warsaw.
The Logistics page provides detailed information about everything you need to know about the venue, accommodations, getting from and to the airport, and what to eat and drink in Warsaw.
- Global Summit logo
- CC Digital Visual Arts Exhibition (online exhibition hosted by CC Korea — submit artwork by September 10!)
Media from the summit will be tagged #ccsummit2011 across various (social) media platforms:
- Twitter stream with hashtag #ccsummit2011
- Flickr stream with tag ccsummit2011
- Videos tagged with ccsummit2011 on YouTube and Vimeo
- Winning Poster Designs for the Global Summit
- Design the winning poster for the Creative Commons Global Summit!
- CC News: Announcing the Creative Commons Global Summit!
- Announcing the Creative Commons Global Summit!
- CC Global Summit date & location announced
- Summit RFP
- Global Summit Survey Summary
The Creative Commons Global Summit is co-organized with the City of Warsaw and the Zachęta Art Gallery.
See all Creative Commons supporters.