We have completed the official translations of the CC 4.0 suite and CC0. We have participated in creating a national standard that names CC BY 4.0 and CC0 as the licenses to use in public open data.
Our key people are:
- Tarmo Toikkanen, general lead, technology, communications (Aalto University)
- Sanna Marttila, GLAM sector (Aalto University)
- Maria Rehbinder, legal counsel (Aalto University)
CC Finland has reached most of its high priority goals during the years 2014-2015. During 2016 we are operating quite low-key, and in conjunction with other organizations such as Open Knowledge Finland. GLAM projects are underway, besides which we focus on general dissemination, documentation, and facilitation adoption.
- Date submitted: 12th February, 2016
- Timespan of this roadmap: 2016
CC Finland is engaging with the national government, governmental institutions, GLAM organizations, NGOs and companies. We work closely with Open Knowledge Finland. We collaborate with CC Sweden in terms of Swedish license translations.
1. GLAM adoption. Finnish GLAM sector to use open licenses for their metadata, connect with national and European level repositories. 2. Advocacy work in the educational sector, including OER and OCW. 3. Advocacy work in the public sector and open data publishing.
Volunteers and community participation would help in ramping up our dissemination efforts.
No further technology requirements at this point.
No materials are needed. Our projects will be producing materials that can be reused in other circumstances.
Sustainability and Scalability
Our funded projects will of course produce documentation and reports required by the funders. All outcomes are published under open licenses.
We communicate regularly in the European regional mailing list, the license list, the dev list, and the community list. Press releases will be given as appropriate.
We collaborate with CC Sweden in terms of Swedish license translations.
- Swedish translations of CCPL4.0 and CC0.
- Commenting on EU level copyright policy.
CC0 and CC 4.0 are officially translated in Finnish.