Facebook CC Integration/News
All the older News from the group CC in FB.
2009-04-16: Their new new TOS and Principles http://apps.facebook.com/fbsitevote/contests/208
and what FB say about Creative Commons?:
"Why doesn’t Facebook use one of the Creative Commons Licenses?
In some ways the license grant in the Statement is more limited than the Creative Commons licenses. For example, the Creative Commons licenses are all perpetual. In addition, the Creative Commons licenses require attribution “in the manner specified by the author” and contain other restrictions (such as including Uniform Resource Identifiers) that we do not believe are feasible in a system with more than 175 million active registered users."
- We have new information about the FB's proposals
- We are still waiting for to give us the results of our comments on the forums (see 2009-03-24). Also we need to the 7000 members...
- Facebook put a deadline to the comments on their two proposals (new TOS -called Statement of Rights and Responsibilities-, and their Principles). The deadline is on March 29.
- We think we as a group, can make a difference and ask/request there about the convenience and the necessity of having CC licenses in FB.
- So lets make our voice heard: put a comment requesting CC in FB (and perhaps a couple of arguments) in the following threads:
- -. We have CC Egypt! to all the Egyptians in Facebook http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=78539975195
- -. Please read the March 22 Newsletter http://wiki.creativecommons.org/Facebook_CC_Integration/NL20090322
- -. Request CC in FB before the deadline on the groups http://www.facebook.com/topic.php?uid=67758697570&topic=7569 (new R&R)
http://www.facebook.com/topic.php?uid=54964476066&topic=7960 (new principles)
- -. The Cause has reached 700+ people:
- -. We are now Biggest Creative Commons Group in Facebook!!.
- -. The Cause "Support CC licensing in Facebook" has reached more than 220 people :-)
- -. More than 120 people on the cause "Support Creative Commons Licensing in Facebook": http://apps.facebook.com/causes/232592?m=758c221a
- -. a lot of new info on the Wiki http://wiki.creativecommons.org/Facebook_CC_Integration/
-. 1800+ people on this group!
- -. We made a reorganization of the Wiki... so now it's more functional.
- -. Please review and comment the post called '5 different goals'
- -. The cause has reached 80 people.
- -. We have a better description of the group
- -. We reached the 1500+ people :-), still far from 7000.
- -. We have a lot of info about CC0, Human Readable: http://creativecommons.org/licenses/zero/1.0/, Lawyer Readable: http://creativecommons.org/licenses/zero/1.0/legalcode, Faq: http://wiki.creativecommons.org/CC0
- -. We have also created a similar Cause: http://apps.facebook.com/causes/232592/5618231?m=611088da
- -. BREAKING NEWS: New Terms (proposal) http://www.facebook.com/topic.php?uid=67758697570&topic=7569
and new principles http://www.facebook.com/topic.php?uid=54964476066&topic=7960
- -. We have the Spanish version of the proposal (work in progress)
- We have also created a similar Cause:
- BREAKING NEWS: New Terms (proposal)
- 1. We have the Spanish version of the proposal (work in progress)
- 1. REQUEST FOR COMMENTS: The first draft of the proposal is OUT, please read it, and make your comments
- 1. Thanks to CreativeCommons.org we are writing the proposal to the BoRR Group about CC FB integration on: http://wiki.creativecommons.org/Facebook_CC_Integration/BoRR you can help us, b/c it's a wiki!
- 2. We are more than 950 people!!
- 1. We welcome Mr. Ito, Mr. Lessig, Mr. Wales, Mr. Wilbanks and all the people from Creative Commons who have joined the group.
- 1. We are more than 650 people!!
- 2. Please read ' foundation stone' post
- 1. The Creative Commons on Facebook Mockup is now in DIGG, please Digg
- 2. We are now the 2nd biggest group of Creative Commons here on Facebook :-)
- 3. 400+ people have joined the group!
- 1. The Twitter hashtag is #cconfb
- 2. really cool prototype about CC on FB
- 3. Group for all the people against the current 'Allows-All' licence granted to FB by the current TOS:
"I won't be able to answer any messages for some time - Facebook has blocked me because of an overuse of the feature." February 23rd, 2009.
Perhaps we should expand this effort to include addressing the issues of Free Culture on Facebook?