Facebook CC Integration/NL20090322
News: as you read before, we are almost 4000 in the group, yay!
so we are more than half the way to the 7000 people milestone.
I’d like to reminder you the different proposal of goals in the group.
- G0. FAQ: the explanation of all this effort. This is very important for the all the newbies.
- G1. Enlarge the size of the group.. getting to 7000 minimum.
- G2. Using CC on facebook.: As the ToS says the license given to facebook is non-exclusive, so we can use CC in our works. So this goal is to have a CC licensing system in facebook and how that could work.
- G3. Anti-CC practices in Facebook: Address the issue of the point 2.3 in FB’s new ToS. So we analyze here the pros/cons of trying to put a limit to FB so FB can’t license a work to a third party in a different way than the CC license of that work.
- G4. In The meantime (Recommendations) different options to use FB and get something like 2 and 3 without involvement of facebook.
The G0 and G1 are the support for the G2 and G3. The G4 goes in a different lane to any other.
But, all this is subject to debate, so we are eager to listen proposals, opinions. etc.
The wiki (http://wiki.creativecommons.org/Facebook_CC_Integration/) has been splitted in several different subjects, one for each objetive of this proposal.
Status for each Goal
G0. We have a mini FAQ in the wiki, the same as the header of the group. http://wiki.creativecommons.org/Facebook_CC_Integration/FAQ
G1. The big thing to do now is to get a lots of CC-fans on the group. We are aiming to get more than 7000 people, why? we can see that in the wiki of the group: http://wiki.creativecommons.org/Facebook_CC_Integration/Facebook_Group
But now we are calling to do a membership drive: we ask you to, please, invite 10 people to the group (any CC fan or any member, you can also give them a link to the most informative CC video that you can find here http://creativecommons.org/videos/, and ask them to join this group)
If you believe in CC then you know having CC in Facebook is really something good.
Related to G1: if you like the app causes on Facebook, we have one here. http://apps.facebook.com/causes/232592/8957382?m=c3aaa0ca The Cause is called “Support Creative Commons licensing on Facebook” and we have more than 800 people.
G2. We already have mechanism on how CC licensing could work inside facebook. We only need to have a strong support meaning a lot of people requesting it. please read: http://wiki.creativecommons.org/Facebook_CC_Integration/Facebook_Licensing
G3. After reading several posts on the forums of the new ToS, we at first found that FB isn't in conflict with CC licenses, as we see on this part of the wiki, but that needs to be reviewed by a lawyer.. and I hope there are several lawyers in the group) please read: http://wiki.creativecommons.org/Facebook_CC_Integration/Facebook_ToS
G4: Work in progress
please join your regional groups, that's is the way to get a solid support and get more people to know a little more of CC in all places. here are the CC groups already on facebook.
* CC Australia: http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=5123568444 * CC Canada: http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=16219732053 * CC Chile: http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=63074824186 * CC China mainland: http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=7074870796 * CC France: http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=5241169780 * CC Greece: http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=6334614941 * CC Guatemala: http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=40897231354 * CC Hong Kong: http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=4339016509 * CC India: http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=28944518565 * CC Israel: http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=7103310956 * CC Italia (Italy): http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=35550172381 * CC Japan: http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=19661267292 * CC Malaysia: http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=11652195153 * CC Philippines: http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=10086136135 * CC Puerto Rico: http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=4699403995 * CC Singapore: http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=4994205766 * CC Spain: http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=55280137723 * CC Sverige (Sweden): http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=20287004904 * CC Switzerland: http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=33161445872 * CC Turkey: http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=7439050476
In the long run we will need people to spread creative commons, in each country.
Finally, we are always open to new proposal and to discuss If you have ideas please share them, remember we all want to improve Creative Commons in facebook