This is a page for critical documentation about large scale CC specifications, recommendations, white papers, tutorials and other pieces that need to be written to explain various facets of Creative Commons across the board.
Eventually, this type of content will be moved to our main website, but for now, this is the incubator for this type of content.
- Marking - How to properly mark various media with Creative Commons licenses.
- Developer - There are various bits of documentation available for developers.
Posters that aim to explain CC and licensing.
- File:Cc-fullpage-promo-1.pdf — What is CC? (pdf)
- File:Cc-fullpage-promo-2.pdf — How to license (pdf)
- File:Cc-fullpage-promo-svg.zip — Inkscape SVG source files (zip)
Podcasting Legal Guide
How does Creative Commons and Commercial entities work together to get artists and companies paid.
- CC+ is the home for this effort. It will be lauched soon!
- File:Cc-xmp.pdf - Embedded Metadata with XMP (pdf)
This is a for outlining best practices in different domains including the often used Media Hosting Best Practice.
Help Create Documents
While these documents can exist on this wiki just fine and is a great way to get started, below is a package consisting of the scribus document and files necessary to make documentation. Please post up any of your creations on this page!
Please help us complete these!
Teaching Creative Commons
How should you go about teaching Creative Commons ideas to a general audience?
Creative Commons Overview for your Company
An overview of Creative Commons for a company.