- 1 Creative Commons Explained
- 2 Developer
- 3 FAQ
- 4 Integration Best Practices
- 5 Mailing list archives
- 6 Marking
- 7 Metrics
- 8 Projects
- 9 Staff Contributions
- 10 Technical Documentation
- 11 White Papers
- 12 Help Translate Documents
- 13 Help Create Documents!
Creative Commons Explained
Documents that aim to explain CC and licensing.
- What is Creative Commons? flyer (pdf) (scribd.com)
- What is Creative Commons? (pdf) (scribd.com)
- What is Creative Commons? poster (pdf) (scribd.com)
- How To License poster (pdf) (scribd.com)
- Licensing and Marking Your Content (pdf) (scribd.com)
- Sharing Creative Works Comics - A general introduction to copyright and CC licensing (scribd.com)
- Encouraging the Ecology of Creativity (pdf) (scribd.com)
- CC Videos
- CC Comics
- Developer - Documentation for software developers.
- FAQ - Important documentation of frequently asked CC questions.
Integration Best Practices
- Web Integration
- Application Integration
- Desktop Integration
Mailing list archives
- Marking - How to properly mark various media with Creative Commons licenses.
- Metadata - an overview of Creative Commons metadata
- Metrics in progress to assess CC-license adoption
- License Statistics
- Statistics from the CC Monitor Project (pdf)
- Taking Stock of the CC Experiment (pdf)
- License Use Five Years On (pdf)
How does Creative Commons and Commercial entities work together to get artists and companies paid?
- CC+ is the home for this effort.
- Media:Creativecommons-ccplus-cczero-pressrelease_eng.pdf (pdf) | On Scribd.com
- Media:Creativecommons-ccplus-overview-for-the-world-wide-web_eng.pdf (pdf) | On Scribd.com
- Media:Creativecommons-ccplus-technical-implementation-for-the-world-wide-web_eng.pdf (pdf) | On Scribd.com
- "How Creative Commons licenses can interact with commerce" video
- CCZero is the home for this effort.
Podcasting Legal Guide
- Podcasting Legal Guide is the home of this project.
- Explore CC conference participation.
- Explore CC staff publications.
- Explore staff presentations and slideshows online!
Help Translate Documents
Please help CC translate these documents into other languages. For the documents written in English already uploaded to this site, we've included the standardized 3-character language code, ISO 639-2. For example, the Web Integration PDF is labeled "Creativecommons-webintegration_eng.pdf". A Japanese translation of the same document would be labeled "Creativecommons-webintegration_jpn.pdf".
Help Create Documents!
How do you see CC? While these documents can exist on this wiki just fine and is a great way to get started, below is a package consisting of the Scribus document and files necessary to make documentation. Please post up any of your creations on this page!
Please help us complete these!
Teaching Creative Commons
How should you go about teaching Creative Commons ideas to a general audience?
Creative Commons in the classroom
Creative Commons Overview for your Company
An overview of Creative Commons for a company.