How to install DiscoverEd
Run these commands to download a quickstart script.
cd /tmp/ # As good a place as any wget http://gitorious.org/discovered/repo/blobs/raw/deploy_script/gimme-discovered bash gimme-discovered
What does the script do?
This will do a few things:
- Install the DiscoverEd code in /var/lib/discovered/
- Add a sample curator, and a sample feed
- Download the web pages linked to by that feed
- Run a test search for the term "crime", and print the results to your terminal
The above steps are performed by DiscoverEd. Next, we install a copy of the excellent web server Tomcat, which will allow to you perform searches through your web browser. So the script will do a few more things:
- Install a copy of the excellent web server Tomcat in the same place
- Run that copy of Tomcat
- Open the search engine in Firefox