How to install DiscoverEd
1. Run this command to download a quickstart script.
2. Edit the script and change MYSQL_ROOT_PASSWORD to the right thing.
3. Run this command to execute the script.
What does the script do?
This will do a few things:
- Install the DiscoverEd code in /var/lib/discovered
- Add a sample curator, and a sample feed
- Download the web pages linked to by that feed
- Run a test search for the term "crime", and print the results to your terminal
The above steps are performed by DiscoverEd. Next, we install a copy of the excellent web server Tomcat, which will allow to you perform searches through your web browser. So the script will do a few more things:
- Install a copy of the excellent web server Tomcat in the same place
- Run that copy of Tomcat
- Open the search engine in Firefox