The primary goal of the Creative Commons Developer Community (CCDC) is to build a community of developers around the development of tools facilitating Creative Commons' licenses and standards. You can help by accepting one of our Tech Challenges.
- Build a strong and supportive community of developers
- Support Creative Commons Developer Community Projects
- Build infrastructure around Creative Commons licenses
- Build infrastructure around Creative Commons standards
- Refocusing Creative Commons Development
- Help Revise Developer Challenges
- Help Revise Summer of Code 2006
Creative Commons actively develops the following software projects:
Code for our projects is hosted at Sourceforge.net or Berlios.de; see the Source Repository Policy for information on contributing code or starting a new project. See the Source Repository Information page for general information about the available modules and how to check them out from source control.
We also maintain several library projects which are reused in some of our applications:
- License Wrappers language-specific wrappers for representing and manipulating license information
- Creative Commons Web Services
- Web Services Client Implementations
- Ajax License Chooser
The projects below are currently being discussed or explored:
- Content Aggregation
- libcclicense - an abstract library for implementing license support (C-library)
- Dream CC Tool - A discussion of the "ideal" CC tool; possibly the successor to ccPublisher?
- Development Ideas - A collection of nascent ideas for CC-enabled tools. As these become more fleshed out, they'll be moved to their own pages.