Welcome to the homepage for all things Software Development at Creative Commons. We hope to build a community of developers interested in the development of tools to facilitate Creative Commons' licenses and standards.
File:Example.jpgMedia:Example.ogg<math>Insert formula here</math>File:Example.jpg= Get Involved = Getting involved with the Creative Commons Develoer Community is easy! Here are some examples of things you can work on:
- Join the Community! - Find developers on the mailing lists or IRC channel.
- Try your hand at some Developer Challenges!
- Translate projects into different languages.
- Participate in the Summer of Code program.
The Creative Commons Development Community actively develops the following software projects:
- liblicense - An abstract library for reading and writing license meta-data.
- License tagger - A small cross-platform application which implements liblicense.
- LicenseChooser.js - provides a lightweight method for integrating license selection into web applications.
- ccHost - The software which powers ccMixter.
- ccTeamspace, a task and project tracking system
- Creative Commons Web Services
- License Wrappers language-specific wrappers for representing and manipulating license information
Also see the Tools Category Index for links to additional projects. Code for our projects is hosted at code.creativecommons.org or Berlios.de; see the Source Repository Policy for information on contributing code or starting a new project. See the Source Repository Information page for general information about the available modules and how to check them out from source control.
- ccPublisher (not maintained any more)
- Command Line Tools
- Web Services Client Implementations
The projects below are currently being discussed or explored:
- Build a strong and supportive community of developers
- Support Creative Commons Developer Community Projects
- Build infrastructure around Creative Commons licenses
- Build infrastructure around Creative Commons standards
- Available ways to enable users to choose a license.
- Reading Licenses in various programming languages
- HOWTO Create, Apply and Submit Patches
- Translating - Help localize for your language
- Coding Style - General coding guidelines and settings
- Using Markup
- git phrasebook - Tips on using "git" well
- Software Release Procedure - best practices for releasing CC Developer Community Software