Difference between revisions of "Developer"
|Line 1:||Line 1:|
Revision as of 16:29, 24 June 2008
The primary goal of the Creative Commons Developer Community (CCDC) is to build a community of developers around the development of tools facilitating Creative Commons' licenses and standards. You can help by accepting one of our Developer Challenges.
- Build a strong and supportive community of developers
- Support Creative Commons Developer Community Projects
- Build infrastructure around Creative Commons licenses
- Build infrastructure around Creative Commons standards
- Mailing Lists
- Try some Developer Challenges
- Submit a Patch
- Translate projects into different languages
- Choosing Licenses
- Reading Licenses
- HOWTO Create, Apply and Submit Patches
- Translating ccHost - Help localize for your language
- Coding Style - General coding guidelines and settings
- Using Markup
- git phrasebook - Tips on using "git" well
- Summer of Code
- Maximize Software Distribution - targeting software distros, PR, etc
- Software Release Procedure - best practices for releasing CCDC Software
- Open Source - starting, running and learning about CC + Open Source
- Search Engine Survey - General survey of the open source search engine scene
- Operating System Search Survey - General survey of search and metadata
Creative Commons actively develops the following software projects:
- ccHost (ccMixter source code)
- Translator - http://translate.creativecommons.org/
- Command Line Tools
Also see the Tools Category Index for links to additional projects. Code for our projects is hosted at code.creativecommons.org or Berlios.de; see the Source Repository Policy for information on contributing code or starting a new project. See the Source Repository Information page for general information about the available modules and how to check them out from source control.
We also maintain several library projects which are reused in some of our applications:
- License Wrappers language-specific wrappers for representing and manipulating license information
- Creative Commons Web Services
- Web Services Client Implementations
- Ajax License Chooser
The projects below are currently being discussed or explored:
- Developer Challenges - a long list of challenges set for exploration
- Content Aggregation
- liblicense - an abstract library for implementing license support (C-library)
- Dream CC Tool - A discussion of the "ideal" CC tool; possibly the successor to ccPublisher?
- Development Ideas - A collection of nascent ideas for CC-enabled tools. As these become more fleshed out, they'll be moved to their own pages.