The intention of this article is to discover and examine the problems creativecommons.org has with regards to user experience, accessibility, ease of use, content, etc. Constructive thoughts about how you feel the site currently looks and works, and how you believe it could be improved.
- An easier way to quickly attribute a work via the deed.
Site Architecture and Design
- What is CC; Why is it compelling?
- How can I use/understand CC easily and efficiently?
Information and Content
- An average, non-technical, person should be able to come to CC.ORG, and very quickly find out the basics of what CC provides and how it can help him. As it stands, a first time visitor has a hard time digging into the dense information currently provided.
- Ideally, less words up front.
- People new to CC would probably prefer bite sized introductions, and pictures. Ie, compelling hooks so they can learn and disseminate to friends, colleagues, students. Long articles describing what CC is, and what the licenses are, etc. are great for those who already know about CC.