Core developer introduction
First week or two: getting acclimated
Server / git access
- Generate SSH key
- Coordinate with nkinkade about getting on servers
- Coordinate about getting git access
Get cc packages set up with zc.buildout
Do git checkouts *via ssh* for all of these packages:
You should then set up zc.buildout. For more about what zc.buildout is, let's talk on the phone.
python bootstrap.py && ./bin/buildout
Get server running
./bin/paster serve cc.engine.ini --reload
Get cross-package virtualenv working
This will be important when you have to work on multiple packages that affect each other at once.
You aren't expected to completely grasp all of this immediately.
- Read the cc.engine docs/ materials
- Read the RDFa primer: http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml-rdfa-primer/
- Play with http://creativecommons.org/choose/ and see how the output there has RDFa embedded in it
- ... don't bother reading the RDF primer immediately, let's talk about it on the phone
- Read: http://labs.creativecommons.org/2009/12/18/understanding-the-state-of-sanity-via-whiteboards-and-ascii-art/
- Read: http://labs.creativecommons.org/2010/01/06/caching-deeds-for-peak-performance/
- If you get stuck on git, http://progit.org/book/ is really great.
Start working on tickets
EG, with Jon Palecek, we're starting with:
Talk and pick out the appropriate tickets