Community Call Chat Room
Creative Commons uses XMPP for instant messaging. Anyone should be able to connect to the CC Community Call chat room from any XMPP account. Note: Google Talk uses XMPP, so anyone with a Gmail account should be set.
The room for the CC Community Call is cc-community-call on conference.jabber.org.
Configuring Your Software
Adium (Mac OS X)
Adium is a multi-protocol IM client for Mac OS X. You can download Adium at http://adium.im/.
You can find instructions for configuring Adium to work with Google Talk at http://www.google.com/support/a/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=48758
Once you have Adium configured to use your Gmail account, to join the chat room:
- From File choose Join Group Chat
- Select your Gmail account from the drop-down menu
- Fill in the following fields:
- Chat Room Name: cc-community-call
- Server: conference.jabber.org
- (Optional) Handle: Your name
- Click Join
Google Talk (Windows)
You can download Google Talk at http://google.com/talk.