Howto: Content Manager
In ccHost 5 you can create pages in your system without any HTML/XML file editing whatsoever. Examples of pages created this way are the ccMixter home page and "As Seen on the Web"
The second example is mapped to a navigation tab. The creation of a page like this and mapping to a tab are explained here:
First create new content topics:
1. While logged in as admin account: Click on 'Global Settings' in the menu 2. Click on 'Manage Page Content' 3. Click on 'Create New Content' 4. At 'New Content Type' type in "my_page_content" (without the quotes) 5. Enter a title and topic contents 6. Click on 'Submit Content'
Repeat these steps for addition topics except replace step (4):
4. At 'Content Type' select 'my_page_content' from the drop down,
leave 'New Content Type' blank
Images are uploaded to cchost_files/images (replace cchost_files with the name of the files directory you supplied during install). To refer to those images use the new 'img' block in your topics. Example:
You can also use the new 'left' or 'right' blocks to float images or blocks of text:
Next create a new content page:
- While logged in as admin account: Click on 'Global Settings' in the menu
- Click on 'Manage Page Content'
- Click on 'Create a New Page'
- At 'Content Type' select "my_page_content"
- Enter a page title like "My Page" (without the quotes)
- Click on 'Submit' - this should take you back to the 'Manage Page Content' screen
- Click on 'view' next to your new page to preview the page (Note the URL in your browser)
To map your new page to a tab:
- While logged in as admin account: Click on 'Manage Site' in the menu
- Click on 'Navigator Tab Sets'
- Click on '[edit tabs]'
- Click on 'Add tab'
- Under 'Function' select 'Execute URL'
- Under 'Data' enter the URL from Step (7) in the section above
- Click on 'Submit'
HINT: entering a full URL in a tab causes a re-direct (extra round trip to your server). To prevent this in Step (6) enter "/viewfile/my-page" without the quotes and substituting my-page with the name of your page.