Creative Commons provides hosted WordPress sites for our international affiliates. This page describes what you can do with a hosted site and how to sign up.
What Can I Do?
Hosted CCi sites allow international affiliates to put together a simple, flexible site without managing their own infrastructure. The hosted sites consist of:
- a WordPress site, themed to match creativecommons.org; the site includes
- a blog
- the ability to create static pages
- the ability to customize the sidebar, using WordPress widgets
- the ability to add users and administrators to your site
- integrated CC content license selection, via WpLicense
- comment spam protection via Akismet
We are currently rolling out the hosted sites on an invitation-only basis to ensure things scale appropriately. If you would like to be involved in the early roll-out, please contact Nathan Yergler.
If you are an international affiliate with an existing site, you will need to redirect traffic from your current site to the new, hosted WordPress site. For example, if your site is currently at http://creativecommons.se, your hosted site will be available at http://se.creativecommons.org. Your existing site administrator may be able to assist you with redirecting traffic.
If there are particular features you're interested in, or questions about the service, you can send feedback by: