ccPublisher is Creative Commons's tool for generating license information for a file and optionally uploading it to the Internet Archive for free hosting. ccPublisher also serves as a platform for development of other CC enabled tools. We are currently working on ccPublisher 2, which is primarily an "internal improvement" release. No new features will be added, but the code base has received significant attention in order to enable easier addition of features and development of derivative works.
You can download pre-release versions ccPublisher 2 from the ccPublisher 2 Releases page. If you have questions or problems with ccPublisher, please do one of two things:
- email firstname.lastname@example.org (good)
- file a bug or feature request in the ccPublisher Tracker (better)
- ccPublisher 2 Architecture Design documents for the ccPublisher 2.0 architecture (and P6 core).
- ccPublisher 2 Roadmap Target dates for releases and features to be included in each.
- Autogenerated API documentation
- Developing ccPublisher 2 Checking out a sandbox from Subversion and working with the code
- Customizing ccPublisher 2
- Customizing ccPublisher 2 Creating new versions of ccPublisher that support different metadata sets or different backends.
- Extending ccPublisher Creating extensions to add functionality to ccPublisher
- Writing a Storage Provider Adding support for new upload repositories to ccPublisher 2 and P6-based applications
- ccPublisher Release Procedure Information on creating releases and packages.
- ccPublisher Tracker Bug reporting and feature request tracking
- Reporting Issues Information on submitting useful issue reports
ccPublisher 2 is now at the point where it is more stable than ccPublisher 1.x for most users. We recommend using the latest release of ccPublisher 2.
- Bug Tracker at SourceForge
- ccPublisher 1x Hacking How to get started with the ccPublisher 1.x source code
For information on using ccPublisher 1, see the ccPublisher page at creativecommons.org. It has pictures.