Problem: there is way too much spam on this wiki.
There are 15,724 pages, with between an estimated spam ratio between 30% and 90%.
Some recommendations / ideas for fighting spam on this wiki:
- faster server (for faster manual spam removal)
set up coordinated team
- give trusted users sysop rights to help fighting spam (by blocking and deleting)
- give more trusted people bureaucrat rights to promote trusted users to sysops
- invite people to join through IRC, social media, mailing lists
- set goals
- e.g. no new spam
- remove 200 spam pages per day
- better captcha?
- pet finder seems to work fairly well
- run a bot to clean up existing spam
- based on picking user names
- based on keywords in titles and/or articles