Difference between revisions of "Birthday Party 2007"
(→Proposed Areas of Planning)
|Line 13:||Line 13:|
=== What ===
=== What ===
A birthday party for Creative Commons for all of the friends, users,
A birthday party for Creative Commons for all of the friends, users, and soon-to-be friends of Creative Commons. There will be drinks, music, videos and so much fun. Also, the event will be coordinated with other CC Birthday in hopes of having a continuous birthday celebration and synchronization to light up the blogosphere, explore CC-licensed content, and to meet up with friends.
=== When ===
=== When ===
Revision as of 06:05, 6 October 2007
This is the general planning space for a December 2007 event synchronized with other CC Parties around the world, all throwing a party to celebrate Creative Commons' 5th birthday.
Anyone interested in and already who knows the young Creative Commons anywhere in the world.
A birthday party for Creative Commons for all of the friends, users, developers, and soon-to-be friends of Creative Commons. There will be drinks, music, videos and so much fun. Also, the event will be coordinated with other CC Birthday Parties in hopes of having a continuous birthday celebration and synchronization to light up the blogosphere, explore CC-licensed content, and to meet up with friends.
Saturday, December 15, 2007, 8 PM - 2 AM (San Francisco time -- other locations within 24 hours of this time will be considered "synchronized")
Add yours to #Parties.
To celebrate Creative Commons birthday for the young Creative Commons and all of its friends in the global community, but in local meetings.
This will be executed by Creative Commons staff, affiliates, the community and partners. The party in your location may be big or may be small, but the important thing is to celebrate CC's 5th birthday.
Proposed Areas of Planning
- Format and Synchronization
- Creating a Digital Trail
- House party
- Cafe meetup
- Art gallery
- With CC art
- Add to #Parties list below
- Take pictures, post to Flickr or elsewhere on web under a CC license
- Launch of Version 3.0 in your jurisdiction
- coordinated release of 3.0 and/or initial license launch for new jurisdictions
- Podcast, Streaming, #cc chat channel, SecondLife
- DJs, musicians, dancing, acting, PowerPoint Karaoke
- Global Coordination
- synchronization tips from events like Mozilla 24? (http://www.mozilla24.com)
- Open Salon Time
- open mic, Birds of a Feather
- Film Screening
- Live Visuals
- sign up names/emails to the wiki page and discussion lists, paypal donations to artist, CC, other projects
- Brainstorm Session
- Wish List: "We want to see this CC-ed!"
- License improvements
- Speaker Challenges
- Speakers who have well known topics could be challenged to speak about new and different topics, or have to rapidly develop some topic on the spot.
- Auction (also works as fundraiser)
- signed books, for example from Lessig, Doctorow, local author
- mix CDs, posters, tshirts, work from local artist
- photos, videos, tracks, contributions to the Commons
- "They use CC here!" map: http://www.mozilla24.com/en-US/get_involved/places/ (geo-tagged map of people/place using CC)
Swag and Party Favors
- LiveContent CD http://wiki.creativecommons.org/LiveContent
- Open Source Water http://creativecommons.at/projects/water/
- FREE BEER http://www.freebeer.org
- Burn Station (for souvenir CD of the event or of CC-licensed material)
- local and global presskit
- Birthday Party 2006 - The big 4th b-day bash (partial global collaboration)