=== 27.06.2012 ... 10:00 to 14:00 ===
CC Salons are global, informal events focused on building a community of artists, developers, and creators of all kinds around Creative Commons licenses, standards, and technology. The first event took place in San Francisco in 2006 with the idea to replicate in other locations internationally. Since then salons have sprung up in cities around the world. Whether you're familiar with Creative Commons or are brand new to the concepts behind it, we encourage you to check out a salon near you.
The format for each event varies based on the location, but the overall concept is simple. CC Salons are open forums for people who are interested in the issues surrounding Creative Commons and global participatory culture. If you're interested in attending - check out the upcoming salons. If your city doesn't have one - feel free to start your own. Check out the resources for starting your salon for extra info.
- Open Knowledge Forum - Austria
- Quarter for Digital Culture
- Open Commons Region Linz
- Thomas Thurner | Open Knowledge Forum Austria, Quarter for Digital Culture
- Günther Friesinger | IG Kultur Vienna
This is the third CC ALPS SALON.
This time it is held in conjunction with the annual conference for Open Government Data OGD2012.
COLLECTING SOCIETY PROJECT AUSTRIA: The principal reason for this pilot is to offer creative workers more flexibility in distributing their works. The pilot is meant as a test to see whether it is useful in practice to combine the systems of Austrian Collecting Societies (like AKM, LSG, VBK, ...) and Creative Commons. This project ist to
- Increase usage of CC license in jurisdiction
- Increase legal certainty for creative workers wishing to use CC licenses
- Increase profitability of CC license users
- Support non-exclusive collecting societies
previous CC ALPS SALONs