Everything in the Superhero toolkit is translatable - including the graphics. Feel free to mix and match the different tools and adapt them for your blog and social networks.
Letter Asking for Support
Dear <first name>,
Imagine a world where knowledge flows freely and can be built upon without limits. Imagine a world where culture, art and media are available to everyone, scientific content is shared by corporations and research institutions, and shared intelligence augments human rights efforts across borders.
A legion of Creative Commons (CC) Superheroes is already at work, using our amazing tools to save people from failed sharing all over the planet. GlaxoSmithKline, a major pharmaceutical company, recently released its entire malarial data set using CC tools, speeding the urgent search for new medicines to tackle the devastating disease. Online communities at Flickr, SoundCloud, and Vimeo are making creative works available for anyone in the world to use freely and legally through license adoption. Publisher Pratham Books has begun to CC license more and more of the textbooks it provides to 14 million children in India, lifting them from a future of poverty and miseducation. When the earthquake struck Haiti in January 2010, Google and Wired used CC tools to keep information widely available to relief workers, journalists, and governments worldwide.
Our challenge ahead is to join forces with this legion of CC Superheroes to fight the forces that don’t want an open web, or do not understand that sharing is a good thing. This fall, we’re recruiting a team of CC Superheroes to lead the world in the fight for creativity and innovation. We need to raise $550,000 by the end of the year to power up and support the work we’re doing. As a superhero, your role will be to donate, spread the word, and fundraise on our behalf. As an existing supporter of CC, you already believe that a sharing world is a good world. You have fueled our work and kept us going strong, and we thank you for that. It will take nothing short of a superhero’s strength to get us to where we need to go.
Join us in this fight for a free world - donate today at https://creativecommons.net/donate
Superhero Fundraising Page
Superhero Fundraising Pages are an excellent way for you or your group to raise awareness and funds for Creative Commons, since people can donate directly from your profile. Once you've created your page, you can link to it in emails, blog posts, and tweets and encourage your friends and networks to donate and support the campaign.
1. Check out this example profile for reference and feel free to use the text for your own page.
2. If you do not already have an account on the CC Network, you will need to register by creating a username and entering email address. You will then be able to create your profile. If you already have an account on the CC Network, then you will just need to login with your username and password.
3. Start spreading the word!
Support CC Button
Place this button on your website or blog to show your support of CC and to encourage others to do the same!
Help spread the word about the Superhero Campaign with these banners. SVG versions available for you to create localized versions.
Insert our donation widget into your blog or website, so people can donate to the Superhero Campaign in just a couple of clicks. Learn how here.
There are three ways to give to the Superhero Campaign.
1. Make an online donation using credit card, Google Checkout account, or PayPal account on the donate page.
2. Send a check, payable to Creative Commons, to:
171 Second Street Suite 300
San Francisco, CA 94105
3. Send a wire transfer (recommended for donations USD500 or greater). For wire information, please contact melissa[at]creativecommons.org
Other ways to support the Superhero Campaign
- Online store - CC T-shirts, stickers, buttons, and lapel pins.