The Learning Resource Metadata Initiative is a project co-led by the Association of Educational Publishers and Creative Commons to build a common metadata vocabulary for educational resources.
Phase 1: Specification Development
The LRMI Specification was developed with a strong Technical Working Group with copious amounts of community feedback on our public LRMI mailing list. See below for announcements made during the development phase.
Phase 2: Implementation
Creative Commons is funded to work with up to 10 OER platforms and registries to implement LRMI. Please refer to the LRMI Implementation page for more information.
- 2011-06-07 LRMI Announcement
- 2011-07-18 Technical Working Group - Call for Participation
- 2011-10-21 Open for Comment – Public Draft of the Learning Resource Metadata Initiative Specification
- 2011-11-21 LRMI Specification version 0.5
- 2012-01-23 Specification version 0.7