|Description of Software||WpLicense is a plugin for WordPress which allows users to select a Creative Commons license for their blog and content.|
|Bug Tracker||Link to Bug Tracker|
In addition to the administration interface, WpLicense provides three template functions which may be used to insert the license information into templates. WpLicense was developed by Nathan Yergler and is licensed under the GNU GPL version 3. See the WpLicense Developer page for development information.
WpLicense works with WordPress 2.0 and later. Note that this is the self-hosted version of WordPress downloaded from wordpress.org.
- If you can run WordPress, you can run wpLicense
- The latest release is available on the Wordpress Plugin Directory for download.
- Previous releases are also available from the the download page.
- Follow the download link above for the latest release. You'll end up with a file named something like
- Unzip the file and copy the
wpLicensefolder into the "wp-content/plugins" directory in your WordPress installation.
[Note: How you go about this will vary based on how you have your web host configured and how you can access it (i.e. via FTP, SSH, etc). See the WordPress Plugin Management documentation for details. For example, if you're working from the command line:]
$ cd ~/blog $ cd wp-content/plugins $ unzip /the/directory/you/downloaded/to/wplicense-1.2.2.zip
- After unzipping the download and copying the wpLicense.php and wpLicense folder to "wp-content/plugins" directory , log-in to your WordPress administration panel and click the Plugins tab. > Click the Activate link to the right of WpLicense. This will enable the plugin.
- Go to the Options tab, and click the Content License sub-tab to select your license.
There are a couple of places you can go for help with WpLicense:
- Email the cc-devel mailing list
- Chat with CC developers on IRC
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org -- note that your response time will probably be longer here than with the mailing list
- WpLicense Function Reference PHP functions which may be used in non-standard templates to include license information
- WpLicense Release History
- About CC Wiki
- This page was last modified on 15 September 2013, at 20:34.