This page highlights ideas and suggestions for student proposals for 2008.
If you find an idea listed below that you like or have your own idea for a Creative Commons-related open source project, we encourage you to read up about the Developer Community, ask questions, and then include the following in your proposal:
- Detailed description / design document
- an approximate schedule (timeline)
- brief description of past projects (including open source) that you've participated in
- brief resume/bio/contact information
The following links detail generally successful ways to write a Summer of Code Proposal:
Please read the Selection Criteria. Participants who read this will be much further along than others.
- Read up about the Creative Commons Developer Community
- Join the cc-devel mailing list and ask questions
- Join the Creative Commons chat channel, #cc, on irc.freenode.net.
We're interested in ideas and projects in the following areas:
- application support -- on the web or on your desktop, extending your favorite application to support CC licensing; see the list of Applications_Using_CC for some examples of how this might work
- metadata support -- liblicense uses pluggable modules for supporting file formats; the contribution of a module for a high profile file format would be highly desirable
- search -- new and interesting ways of finding CC licensed content are always interesting.
More specifically, the following are Developer Challenges which we think are of the appropriate size for a Summer of Code project. You may also want to check out the other challenges for more inspiration.
- About CC Wiki
- This page was last modified on 30 April 2013, at 13:38.