Creative Commons Explained
Documents that aim to explain CC and licensing.
About Creative Commons
- What is Creative Commons? flyer (pdf) (scribd.com)
- What is Creative Commons? (pdf) (scribd.com)
- Encouraging the Ecology of Creativity (pdf) (scribd.com)
- CC info sheet for WIPO (pdf)
- About Creative Commons
Using the Creative Commons Licences
- How To License poster (pdf) (scribd.com)
- Quick Guide to the Creative Commons Licences (pdf) (scribd.com)
- Creative Commons Licensing Flowchart (pdf) (scribd.com)
- Licensing and Marking Your Content (pdf) (scribd.com)
Using Creative Commons Content
- Finding Creative Commons Material (pdf) (created for the Pooling Ideas competition)
- Attributing Creative Commons Material (pdf) (created for the Pooling Ideas competition)
- Quick guide to Creative Commons resources (pdf)
- Sharing Creative Works Comics - A general introduction to copyright and CC licensing (scribd.com)
- CC Videos
- CC Comics
- for teachers - A collection of resources on finding and using Creative Commons specifically designed for teachers, including fact sheets, slideshows, videos and worksheets
- for citizen journalists - from CC Lebanon: 10 Legal Rules on social activism and copyright by Martin Wählisch:
- for the public sector - Creative Commons Licensing for the Public Sector (pdf)
- business models - Business Models for Creative Works and Creative Commons Licensing (pdf)
- FAQ - Important documentation of frequently asked CC questions. A must read !
CC Learn Productions
Note: CC Learn is no longer a division of Creative Commons. Much of the information in the archive below may be outdated and/or incorrect. For the most up-to-date information about CC in education, see http://creativecommons.org/education.
CC Learn Reports
- What status for “open”? An examination of the licensing policies of open educational organizations and projects (pdf) (odt)
- Data Supplement to “What status for ‘open’?” A graphical view of the licensing policies of open educational organizations and projects (pdf) (odt)
- Enhanced Search for Educational Resources— A Perspective and a Prototype from CC Learn (pdf) (odt)
- Otherwise Open Managing Incompatible Content within Open Educational Resources (pdf) (odt)
CC Learn Explanations
- CC Learn Explanations: Open Educational Resources and Creative Commons Licensing (pdf) (odt)
- Remixing OER: A Guide to License Compatibility (pdf) (odt)
CC Learn Step by Step Guides
- Applying Creative Commons licenses to your educational resources (pdf) (odt)
- Preparing Your Educational Resources for DiscoverEd (pdf) (odt)
CC Learn Recommendations
- Increase Funding Impact (pdf) (odt)
- Publishing Your Open Educational Resources on the Internet (pdf) (odt)
- CC Learn Recommendations: Why CC BY? (pdf) (odt )
- Dealing with Legally Incompatible Content in OER (pdf) (odt)
- Developers - Documentation and information for software developers.
Integration Best Practices
- Web Integration
- Application Integration
- Desktop Integration
- Marking - How to properly mark various media with Creative Commons licenses.
- Metadata - an overview of Creative Commons metadata - opening documentation.
- Attributing Creative Commons Material
- Metrics in progress to assess CC-license adoption
- License Statistics
- Statistics from the CC Monitor Project (pdf)
- Taking Stock of the CC Experiment (pdf)
- License Use Five Years On (pdf)
- Explore CC conference participation.
- Explore staff presentations and slideshows online!
Mailing list archives
Help Translate Documents
Please help CC translate these documents into other languages. For the documents written in English already uploaded to this site, we've included the standardized 3-character language code, ISO 639-2. For example, the Web Integration PDF is labeled "Creativecommons-webintegration_eng.pdf". A Japanese translation of the same document would be labeled "Creativecommons-webintegration_jpn.pdf".
Available translations can be found at Translate/Documentation.
Help Create Documents!
How do you see CC? While these documents can exist on this wiki just fine and is a great way to get started, below is a package consisting of the Scribus document and files necessary to make documentation. Please post up any of your creations on this page!
Please help us complete these, to make our wiki as informative as possible !
Teaching Creative Commons
How should you go about teaching Creative Commons ideas to a general audience?
CC Denmark has made a section "CC i undervisningen" (CC in education) containing video tutorials, pdf guides and other ressources for teachers. (In Danish)
Creative Commons in the classroom
Creative Commons Overview for your Company
An overview of Creative Commons for a company.
Creative Commons + Open CourseWare Legal Guide
|Languages:||English | português|
- About CC Wiki
- This page was last modified on 14 March 2014, at 00:25.