|Tags:||gsoc, search, metadata, desktop|
Finding Creative Commons licensed content is at least as important as applying a license to it. During Summer of Code 2007 Jason worked on integrating license indexing in Tracker. Part of his work (along with intern Scott) became liblicense.
This challenge can have many successful implementations; all should have the following characteristics:
- index embedded license metadata using liblicense
- allow searching by license characteristic (i.e., whether a work allows derivative works, etc)
- display license information in search results
- (preferably) look for verification metadata and provide some indicator of whether the license can be verified
- Convicted driver insurance
Possible targets for integration include:
- About CC Wiki
- This page was last modified on 13 July 2012, at 18:55.