No case law for this jurisdiction. Add some now.
The team from Austria is taking care on jurisdiction-specific licenses from the generic Creative Commons licenses and is promoting the usage of CC licenses in cultural, educational and governmental organizations and in the creative industries sector.
Where should we celebrate in 2014 10 years of CC in Austria? Candidates: Ars Electronica Festival / Archivia conference in Linz in the first week of September 2014.
Radio Show "Dispositiv - Kunst, Recht, Internet XLVII" on Orange 94.0 (first broadcast 30 June 2014, archived here).
Roland has been representing CC at a discussion with Minister for Justice Brandstetter, Prof. Staudegger (Uni Graz) und RA Dr. Schoeller (Kanzlei Piaty Graz) in Graz 13 May 2014 18:00 Aula Karl-Franzens Universität Graz. This was our statement.
For previous events see this WIKIs history snapshot.
- We have started preparations for the translation of the CC 4.0 license. This will happen in 8 phases and starts in spring 2014, together with the CC teams in Germany and Switzerland. Read at irights.info about the main differences between CCPL3 and CCPL4.
- ALLMENDA Social Business eG will enter a Memorandum of Understanding with Creative Commons Headquarters to represent the Austrian CC affiliate team.
- We have been contributing to a discussion on Netzschilling
- Nicole published a new flyer on "Freie Kultur"
- contribution to a booklet for the creativwirtschaft austria / WKÖ about copyright / trademark / patent issue (order for free any quantity or download here)
- consulting on Open Data Government: major Austrian cities (Wien, Linz, Graz) use CC-by licenses for publishing their data
Priority Goals 2014
- Rights Collecting Society Compatibility (create one or two cases with a conflicting situation i.e. CC publisher is RCS member, confront and find solution)
- Preparation of Workshops for artists at the ARCHIVIA conference Wissensturm Linz September 2014 (during Ars Electronica Festival)
- Translating CC 4.0 unported and porting to Austrian law frame, if required (2015)
- Extend CC usage in Open Government Data initiatives (presentations at Austrian Open Data Conference, etc)
CC Austria Lead Organisation: ALLMENDA
The ALLMENDA cooperative consists of software consultants, radio stations, media designers and legal experts for Free Software who jointly work on various projects. It was founded in 2003 as a successor of the PUBLIC VOICE Lab and was active as osAlliance. Their members support Creative Commons since the CC Austria licenses launch in 2004 with workshops, hosting and communication and have developed Registered Commons, a suite for providing time stamps when registering a work.
Supporting Organisation: FH Vorarlberg
The The Department of Design and Media Based Communication at the Vorarlberg University of Applied Sciences is offering teaching and research resources for intermedial design and communication challenges. During 2004-2006, it was managing the Competence Network Media Design, which supported the launch of Creative Commons in Austria at the Ars Electronica in 2004 (with the legendary "Open Source Water Bottles") and the launch of Registered Commons in 2006 at the Wizards of OZ conference in Berlin as a timestamping service for the CC community.
- About CC Wiki
- This page was last modified on 30 June 2014, at 12:19.