No case law for this jurisdiction. Add some now.
The team from Austria is taking care on jurisdiction-specific licenses from the generic Creative Commons licenses and is promoting the usage of CC licenses in cultural, educational and governmental organizations and in the creative industries sector.
Netzschilling kick-off meeting, 23 April 2013 in MQ Raum D
6th CC alps Salon 30 January 2013, IG Kultur
5th CC alps Salon 12. Dezember 2012 19 Uhr: Input zum Richtlinienentwurf der Europäischen Kommission zur Reorganisation der Verwertungsgesellschaften sowie zum Konzept des Collective Licensing. Metalab Bibliothek, Rathausstraße 6, 1010 Wien.
4th CC alps Salon 14. November 2012: Könnte die Festplattenabgabe das Recht auf Privatkopie sichern? Zu welchen Bedingungen? Alexander Baratsits stellt seine Überlegungen auf iRights.info zur Diskussion. Cafe Korb (Keller), Brandstaette 9, 1010 Wien. Protokoll dazu hier.
CC AT Hinterzimmer: Vorbereitungen für den nächsten Salon. Mittwoch 10. Oktober 2012, 19 Uhr 30 Cafe Prückel, Stubenring 24, Wien
ARCHIVIA Conference 31.8./1.9.2012, Wissensturm Linz
- Nicole published a new flyer on "Freie Kultur"
- contribution to a booklet for the creativwirtschaft austria / WKÖ about copyright / trademark / patent issue (order for free any quantity or download here)
- consulting on Open Data Government: major Austrian cities (Wien, Linz, Graz) use CC-by licenses for publishing their data
Priority Goals 2012 / 2013
- Rights Collecting Society Compatibility (create one or two cases with a conflicting situation i.e. CC publisher is RCS member, confront and find solution)
- Preparation of Workshops for artists at the ARCHIVIA conference Wissensturm Linz 1+2 September 2012 (during Ars Electronica Festival)
- Commenting on CC 4.0 (allow additional clause, CRR instead of NC?)
- Translating CC 4.0 unported and porting to Austrian law frame, if required (2013)
- Extend CC usage in Open Government Data initiatives (presentatins at Austrian Open Data Conference)
CC Austria Lead Organisation: osAlliance ALLMENDA
The osAlliance is part of the ALLMENDA cooperative and consists of software consultants, radio stations, media designers and legal experts for Free Software who jointly work on various projects. It was founded in 2003 as a successor of the PUBLIC VOICE Lab. Their members support Creative Commons since the CC Austria licenses launch in 2005 with workshops, hosting and communication and have developed Registered Commons, a suite for providing time stamps when registering a work.
Supporting Organisation: FH Vorarlberg
The The Department of Design and Media Based Communication at the Vorarlberg University of Applied Sciences is offering teaching and research resources for intermedial design and communication challenges. During 2004-2006, it was managing the Competence Network Media Design, which supported the launch of Creative Commons in Austria at the Ars Electronica in 2005 (with the legendary "Open Source Water Bottles") and the launch of Registered Commons in 2006 at the Wizards of OZ conference in Berlin as a timestamping service for the CC community.
- About CC Wiki
- This page was last modified on 7 May 2013, at 07:51.