|Tags:||gsoc, web, browser|
Using a work with proper attribution is a challenging prospect. Even when creators include their preferred attribution name and URL, people re-using the work don't always know how to properly incorporate that information.
We'd like to see a browser extension (for Chrome, Firefox, or both) that makes this easy. A successful implementation will:
- Signal the user when CC license metadata is present
- Show the user licensed objects in the page (if present)
- Generate copy-and-paste attribution information in plain text and HTML formats
- For HTML, this should mirror the HTML generated by the license deeds
- About CC Wiki
- This page was last modified on 21 March 2011, at 22:58.